How to get your Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
The personal fitness trainer program at Southern California Health Institute (SOCHi) puts you on the path to helping yourself while you help others by starting an exciting career in the fitness industry.
Fitness Training Certification
Of all the fitness certification programs, the Personal Fitness Trainer Program at Southern California Health Institute (SOCHi) prepares the student for an entry-level career as a personal fitness trainer swiftly and successfully.
Getting certified to work in the fitness industry is a rewarding choice. Your education at Sochi will help you transform lives, starting with your own. If you’d like to make fitness and nutrition a lifelong passion, then we’d like to be part of building your future.
Start your journey towards a personal trainer certification at our personal trainer school by enrolling in our hybrid online classes today.
5 Reasons to Choose SOCHi
- Sochi is an Accredited Institution: Southern California Health Institute is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET)
- Fast Path to Your Career Some programs can be completed in as little as 9 months.
- Hands-On Learning Experience: You'll learn using the same equipment you'll use on the job.
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Career Services: At Sochi, we're here to help you in your career search!
Personal Fitness Training Program Overview
Our personal fitness trainer school is now offering an online-based Personal Fitness Trainer/Health and Wellness Professional (Hybrid IDL). Get a head start on your education and become a Personal Trainer. Our comprehensive curriculum is based on scientific research and fitness expert experience and aligns with key critical occupational skills and abilities.
A combination of scientific content areas, laboratory performance domains, and work-related activities allows students to experience a blend of didactic and hands-on learning.
You will have the opportunity to apply all this foundational knowledge in our on-campus gym, training your classmates and developing the interpersonal skills that are crucial to being a successful motivator and fitness mentor in your client’s life.
Learn More About Why You Should Attend SOCHI
We Are Certified
Our school is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
At SOCHi, Financial Aid is available for all those who qualify. Grants, scholarships, payment plans, and more!
Job Placement Assistance
Our career cervices department assists those who qualify with getting you hired, from resume workshops to partnerships with healthcare facilities.
Discover the Rewards of a Career in the Health & Wellness Industry
Southern California Health Institute’s (SOCHi) mission is to provide quality allied health programs in an environment of academic learning to produce empathetic and compassionate allied health workers dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession. At Southern California Health Institute, you'll receive career-focused training that will prepare you for a successful healthcare career. Learn more today.
Is Personal Trainer Career Right for You?
Take the SOCHI "Career Training Readiness Quiz"
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER PROGRAM
Below are answers to the Personal Fitness Program's most commonly asked questions.
- What Does a Personal Fitness Trainer Do?
- What Do You Learn In Personal Training Certification?
- Where Can I Work as a Personal Fitness Trainer?
- How Long is The Program?
- Are There Any Requirements?
- When is The Next Class?
- Does It Cost Money To Apply?
- Do You Offer Grants/Scholarships/Discounts?
- Where Do I Get Started?
Personal fitness training is the act of leading or instructing an individual or group of individuals in exercise. Their goals also include demonstrating specific movements or activities and motivating their clients to continue to reach their fitness goals. When it comes to how to become a fitness trainer it is important to know exactly what it entails. Becoming a fitness trainer doesn’t just mean “showing someone how to work out”.
Here are just a few of the duties of a Personal Fitness Trainer:
- Demonstrate proper exercises related to targeting specific parts of the body.
- Explain routines that parallel specific fitness goals and improve fitness.
- Watch over clients during exercises to minimize injury and implement the proper technique.
- Assess different fitness levels in clientele and provide alternative routines and exercises when needed.
- Monitoring client progress to ensure that exercises’ are modified when a different fitness level is achieved to ensure improvement is continuous.
- Advise clients on resources and information available in regards to nutrition and lifestyle choices.
- Apply first aid if need be.
- Athletic Trainer
- Boot Camp Trainer
- Corporate Fitness Coach
- Corporate Wellness Programs
- Cruise Ships
- Day Spas
- Fitness Centers
- Group Exercise Instructors
- Health Club Personal Trainer
- Luxury Resort Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapy Offices
- Resort Hotels
- Sports Medicine Facilities
- Weight Loss Centers