Graduate & Start Your New Career As a Medical Assistant
Graduate and make your friends and family proud. Pick up your certificate and become a vital part of the world of health care. Start a career helping others optimize their health and wellness.
From enrollment to employment:
- Meet with an admissions adviser to start your process
- Application and enrollment forms
- FAFSA/Financial Aid Paperwork complete and signed
- Receive student ID and schedule
- Orientation – 1 week before class starts (Meet program directors, classmate and key administrators)
The first week of class
- Meet your instructor
- Receive books, equipment, uniforms and lockers
- Go over program schedule again
- Cover study habits and types of learning styles that you best
- Create study groups
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Learn & develop your skills
- Cover the basics of medical language as well as the structure and function of the human body.
- Gain competency in the areas of administrative and clinical procedures.
- Build your skills and knowledge as your progress through the program
- Study for your certification exam upon completion
Prepare for the workforce
- Complate 150 hours of externship
- Sit for your exam to be a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
- Apply for your CAMTC Certification.
- Perfect the soft skills and professionalism necessary to function in an efficient clinical setting.
- Meet your career services and finalize your path to working in a place that you love!