6 Ways to Cover Your Massage Therapy School Tuition Cost
Tuition, Financial Aid, Scholarships for Massage Therapy
Your dreams of becoming a massage therapist are valid as long as you have the thrill and passion for doing it. Most people tend to back off from attaining this dream due to lack of money. This should not be the same case with you as there some financial institutions that are offering financial aid to massage therapist students. Los Angeles massage therapy school cost differs with the type of training institution. There are two types of schools, accredited and non-accredited. The fees differ and if you want to benefit from any financial bodies especially the government, it is advisable that you enroll in the accredited schools.
It is important that you note the fact that accredited schools charge higher as compared to the non-accredited ones. If you choose to enroll to an accredited school, then you need not worry about the source of money since there are a number of bodies offering financial help. Below are a number of bodies that you can access money from:
Federal Financial Aid
massage therapist school tuitionThis is the most common source of financial help for any post high school training. It also happens to be the easiest financial aid to access as long you have the qualifications. Additionally, it is free to apply for and it is a free aid that you do not have to pay back. Under this program, there a number of categories:
- Grants: this is governments free money that nonrefundable.
- Subsidized loans: these are loans with low interest that are awarded based on need. You are given a grace period of six months after completing school to pay the money back and there is no credibility check required.
- Unsubsidized loans: these too are low-interest loans but are not awarded on need. You do not need to go through the credit checks and the loans range from $0 to $6,000 which is for independent students and $0-$2,000 for dependent students every academic year.
- Parent Plus Loans: these loans are offered to parents with undergraduate students for the purpose of tuition fees, books, and living expenses amongst others. The loans have low interests but fixed. The parent undergoes a credit check.
Scholarships and Private Grants
These too are a source of free funds. Some of them may be difficult but still it is worth trying applying for them as there is no limitation on the number of scholarships that you will get. Scholarships are good in most cases as they will support you throughout your education program.
This is a common type of financial program that many states have taken up. It covers tuition fees, books and all other fees in full. The programs are offered by the department of health and human services and to qualify for these services you need to meet the following criteria:
- Vocal rehabilitation services so as to get ready to find or keep a job.
- Be having a mental, physical or learning disability or emotional disabilities that affect your ability to find a job and maintain it.
AmeriCorps Education Awards
To qualify for this award, a person is required to complete a term of service in the AmeriCorps successfully. The award is named the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which can be used to pay expenses that educational at any accredited institutions of tertiary learning, for training or repayment of student loans. One is given a timeframe of up to seven years after the completion of the service to claim for the award.
Other Government Funding Programs
Massage therapy students are eligible to applying for a loan from other state government funding agencies. This is more applicable to those who have been registered under the State Unemployment Insurance Program. Eligibility is based on the individual demographic and specific needs.
State Prepaid Tuition Plans
Many states allow the college investment plan whereby you can use today’s prices to save up for tomorrow’s tuition. Many parents have adopted this plan in anticipation of their children’s future education. If you are a beneficiary of such a plan, then consult with your institution if they accept the plan.